24 July, 2006

Diss, Norfolk, England

This Vespa was being photographed at Diss in Norfolk for 'Scootering' magazine. It is a direct decendant of the machine featured in the film 'Quadrophenia' in 1979. The original model was very popular in the 50's in Italy. This one is owned by a man from Lexham Insurance who, apparently, specialize in Scooter and other two wheel insurance. (I have no connection with that company. Just thought I'd give a friendly guy a plug). The ornamental lake in the backgound is rather nice and right in the middle of the High Street in Diss, a very lovely town.

3 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

Hello! Sorry I haven't responded, I've been out of town, and I'm actually leaving again tomorrow. I appreciate the comments you left on my blog. I didn't design the vase quilt- I wish I was that creative! I took a class that taught me how to do it. I hear 'copying' is a high compliment :-).

I love seeing the pictures you post. I went on a sister city exchange in high school, and stayed in Brentwood, Essex in England. It was a wonderful experience! We toured all over England, and a bit of France during our stay. It is a beautiful country. Your photos remind me of my experience there.
It's funny how I feel connected with your blog- like we are schoolmates that started a new school together. Unlikely friends who have met up, and stay in touch through time and distance- 'blog buddies'. I really enjoy your posts. I have this last trip, and I will be back to posting on a regular basis. I actually miss reading all the blogs while I travel. Thanks again for the comments. Maybe you'll turn into a quilt fan before you know it. :-)
Take care, Kim

Monday, July 24, 2006  
Blogger elaine x said...

better gas mileage than our SUVs too!!!
i like the paint job, very mod!!!
thanks for stoppin' by my blog!
peace & harmony,
elaine
'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'

Monday, July 24, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

Great picture B. I remember the scooters myself, wouldn't mind having one now. I could go for the lake as well, Hot overhere.

Monday, July 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home